This is a new role for an experienced tax investigations specialist.
We have identified the need for an tax investigations specialist with solid experience managing HMRC tax investigations, to join our tax team.
The investigations specialist will work closely with the tax partners and directors, developing their portfolio by actively seeking opportunities for new clients as well as supporting existing clients.
More specifically the role will involve:
- Independent management of HMRC investigations and enquiries relating to VAT, Income Tax, Corporation Tax and PAYE
- Dealing with Code of Practice 8 and 9 investigations
- Voluntary disclosures
- Residence/domicile enquiries
- Scheme settlements
- Candidates will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate and negotiate well with HMRC to reduce clients’ tax liabilities and to deal with appeals in the Tax Tribunal.
- Ideally candidates will have 5 years’ + experience handling and managing investigations from either HMRC or another professional services practice.
- Candidates will also need to be experienced in dealing with COP8 and COP9 tax fraud investigations and handling tax tribunals.
Please complete the enquiry form.