Tax Intern, fixed term contract – full time
We are looking for an enthusiastic Tax Intern to join our team.
The Roffe Swayne Tax team requires a general assistant to support from both an administration and technical perspective. The role will involve assisting with market and technical research and analysis for inclusion into client reports as well as internal administrative and regulatory compliance tasks.
The role is to be split approximately equally between administration and technical/research work.
The ideal candidate will have specific IT skills that will complement the existing team, preferably in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. They should also be well organised, confident and with good attention to detail.
Candidates should preferably be educated to degree level in any discipline and interested in accounting and tax as a vocation. We will also consider candidates taking a year out from a relevant degree course
It is anticipated that the role will last for 12 months and for the right candidate the opportunity may exist to be considered for a training contract at the end of the internship.
- Undertaking regulatory compliance procedures associated with new and existing engagements
- Invoicing and reviewing work in progress
- Taking minutes in Tax team meetings
- General administrative tasks such as printing, photocopying, filing and document formatting
- Support for the tax investigations service including handling invoicing, queries and claims
- Assisting in preparation of tax returns for individuals and companies
Research and technical:
- Undertaking research into markets and changes in legislation using publicly available and subscription databases
- Using Microsoft PowerPoint and Word to present research findings for marketing to clients and contacts
- Using Microsoft Excel to input and analyse accounting data and to prepare tables to be included in reports
- Proof reading reports for errors/inconsistencies
- Assisting in the preparation of reports
Please complete the application form.