Corporate Finance / Forensic Intern, fixed term contract – full time
We are looking for an enthusiastic Intern to join our team.
The Roffe Swayne corporate finance and forensic teams require a general assistant to support from both an administration and technical perspective. The role will involve assisting with market and company research and analysis for inclusion into client reports as well as internal administrative and regulatory compliance tasks.
The role is to be split approximately equally between administration and technical/research work.
The ideal candidate will have specific IT skills that will complement the existing team, preferably in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. They should also be well organised, confident and with good attention to detail.
Candidates should preferably be educated to degree level in any discipline and interested in accounting and corporate finance as a vocation. We will also consider candidates taking a year out from a relevant degree course.
It is anticipated that the role will last for 12 months and for the right candidate the opportunity may exist to be considered for a training contract at the end of the internship.
- Undertaking regulatory compliance procedures associated with new and existing engagements
- Invoicing and reviewing work in progress
- Taking minutes in Tax team meetings
- General administrative tasks such as printing, photocopying, filing and document formatting
- Diary management, taking telephone calls and general support to the team
Research and technical:
- Undertaking research into companies and markets using publicly available and subscription databases
- Using Microsoft PowerPoint and Word to present research findings
- Using Microsoft Excel to input and analyse accounting data and to prepare tables to be included in reports
- Using Microsoft Word to describe the analysis undertaken
- Proof reading reports for errors/inconsistencies
Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to individual applicants. Therefore, if you do not hear back from us within 10 working days then please assume you application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please complete the application, deadline for applying is 28 February.