Corporate Finance / Forensic Industrial Placement, fixed term contract – full time
We are looking for an enthusiastic Industrial Placement to join our team – starting Summer 2021.
The Roffe Swayne Corporate Finance and Forensic teams require a general assistant to support from both an administration and technical perspective. The role will involve assisting with market and company research and analysis for inclusion into client reports as well as internal administrative and regulatory compliance tasks.
Your work will is to be split approximately equally between administration and technical/research work.
- Undertaking regulatory compliance procedures associated with new and existing engagements
- Invoicing and reviewing work in progress
- Taking minutes in Corporate Finance team meetings
- General administrative tasks such as printing, photocopying, filing and document formatting
- Diary management, taking telephone calls and general support to the team
Research and technical:
- Undertaking research into companies and markets using publicly available and subscription databases
- Using Microsoft PowerPoint and Word to present research findings
- Using Microsoft Excel to input and analyse accounting data and to prepare tables to be included in reports
- Using Microsoft Word to describe the analysis undertaken
- Proof reading reports for errors/inconsistencies
- Assisting in the preparation of reports
What you’ll need / requirements and qualifications
You should preferably be educated to degree level in any discipline and interested in accounting and tax as a vocation. We will also consider candidates taking a year out from a relevant degree course.
You will also have specific IT skills that will complement the existing team, preferably in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. We also look for candidates that are well organised, confident and with good attention to detail.
It is anticipated that the role will last for 12 months and for the right candidate the opportunity may exist to be considered for a training contract at the end of the placement.
Application is via our online application form by 28 February 2021. However, please note that we continually review applications and therefore it is suggested you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to individual applicants. Therefore, if you do not hear back from us within 10 working days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please complete the application, deadline for applying is 28 February.