Corporate Tax Adviser
Nick is one of our tax advisers specialising in Corporation Tax; in particular Capital Allowances and Research and Development claims (R&D).
He is regularly involved in working with:
- Small to medium enterprises (SMEs) and owner managed business (OMBs);
- Large companies and corporate groups, including some with an international presence;
- Investment Companies; and
- Charities and Charitable Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs).
- Maximising R&D claims, for example for a client operating in the Software industry and developing the supporting R&D report to submit to HMRC;
- Advising on capital allowance implications of an asset purchase of a Wind Turbine and performing the purchase due diligence on this transaction (including advising on what constituted Plant & Machinery and the use of Trading Losses going forward);
- Performing onsite client visits for a variety of larger corporates; providing face to face personal advice and support on the company’s Corporation Tax Compliance (submission of Tax Returns) and their Claims and Elections;
- Providing Remuneration / Profit Extraction planning for a Property Investment OMB;
- Advising on capital gains tax implications of Land Transactions between an OMB and the owners;
- Advising on section 455 (charges on loans to shareholders) matters and subsequent repayments from HMRC;
- Forecasting Quarterly Instalment Payments (QIPs) for a variety of large Corporates and groups of companies.
In his spare time Nick enjoys running, playing guitar, and swimming.