Corporate Tax Adviser
Jo is a chartered accountant and chartered tax adviser, with experience within practice (Top 10 and regional firms) and also within an in-house tax team at a multi-national company.
With a background primarily in corporate tax, Jo works with the full spectrum of different size companies from start-up businesses, OMBs, UK groups as well as multinational enterprises, across a broad range of different sectors.
In addition to UK corporate tax compliance, Jo advises on areas such as:
- Group corporate tax matters e.g. group relief and capital transfers
- International corporate tax matters e.g. transfer pricing and withholding tax
- Corporate financing arrangements e.g. loan relationships, interest restrictions and withholding tax
- Merger and acquisitions – e.g. corporate tax due diligence and reviewing tax warranties and associated documents
- Six years of industry experience, working in an in-house tax department at a global Fintech company, responsible for UK tax compliance, EMEA business support and advisory and transfer pricing
- Working with multiple internal stakeholders, including Treasury, Legal, Procurement, M&A and Internal Audit and multiple external stakeholders, including external Auditors, HMRC and multiple Big 4 Advisers
- Being awarded an internal Global Finance Visionary award while working within an in-house Tax team
- Managing multiple projects, for example transfer pricing documentation with Advisers, providing invaluable experience into understanding the key issues and concerns from a client perspective
- Working with in-house Internal Audit teams, providing insight into the importance of controls and tax process management
- Working and advising on a multi-stakeholder major European entity reorganisation project, from a corporate tax perspective