Tax Investigations Adviser
Jane joined Roffe Swayne after working for HMRC for 30 years. At HMRC, Jane specialised in dealing with local tax enquiries and then moved to HMRC’s Fraud Investigation Services department dealing with Code of Practice 9 enquiries.
At Roffe Swayne, Jane advises on tax investigations for :
- Enquiries for individuals
- Enquiries for companies covering both Corporation Tax and PAYE
- Settlement of Employee Benefit Trusts (disguised remuneration)
- Disclosures to HMRC both under the Worldwide Disclosure Facility and HMRC’s digital disclosure service
- Revision of HMRC assessments and penalties totalling over £1 million to nil
- Convincing HMRC not to publish client details as a deliberate tax defaulter
- Closing a complex series of tax enquiries into share acquisitions and disposals with no adjustments
Outside of work, Jane is most likely to be found rowing on the River Thames. She also enjoys walking, gardening and floristry.