Senior Tax Manager
Colin is a Chartered Tax Adviser
With extensive experience in practice, working with a wide variety of both private client and corporate clients, Colin provides tax compliance support to clients and advises on income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
Colin also specialises in two specific areas of taxation;
- Working with foreign nationals living in the UK; and
His work with foreign nationals covers:
- Advising foreign nationals arriving in the UK on their UK tax obligations.
- Identifying and advising on remittances, and use of business investment relief (BIR) to bring funds into the UK for business investment.
- Providing advice on residence status under the statutory residence test (SRT) in order to establish exposure to UK taxes.
- Providing advice on domicile and how this can be changed.
Colin’s VAT work includes advising on:
- Cross border supplies of goods and services.
- Land and property transactions and advising on the Option to Tax.
- Input tax recovery and partial exemption.
Clients tend to include UK domiciled individuals moving abroad or returning to the UK after a period of absence, foreign nationals coming to live and work in the UK and HNW individuals.