You probably only sell a business once. You need to get it right first time and expert, experienced advice is a great investment. We have sold a great many businesses – including probably one like yours.
This can be a very stressful and time consuming process. Our role is to actively manage this and act as a buffer between you and your proposed purchaser, and to take the strain for you.
We offer expert advice on selling your business, including:
- How to value your business and what steps to undertake pre-sale to maximise the value?
- What documents are needed and how to articulate the key messages?
- Help in finding the right buyer – someone who has the capacity and will to complete a transaction, avoiding those that won’t
- Structuring a sale to minimise risk and optimise your tax position
- Advice on the relative merits of cash in hand now, as opposed to future contingent payments or ‘in-kind’ (e.g. shares or loan notes)
When working with RS Corporate Finance, we will project manage the whole sale process for you to completion. We will advise you every step of the way, including:
- Prepare the Information Memorandum and other supporting marketing documents
- Financial Modelling
- Carve out of parts of the business to be retained or excluded from the sale
- Identify and confidentially approach potential purchasers (domestically and internationally)
- Act as a sounding board to the vendor (we’ve probably seen it before – this may be the first time you’ve sold a business)
- Create and manage a Data Room
- Manage all parties to the transaction, including legal advisers, accountants and financiers
- Practical advice on the real meaning and risks of vendor warranties
- Use our experience to navigate to a successful completion
Our recent deals
SMI Int Group Limited
Rockpool Investments LLP
RCOG Tank Leasing Limited
Prestige Nursing Limited
Peper Harow London Limited
Gavin Jones Limited
Fifty ID RE 2 Limited
Earthing Risk Management Limited
Cranbrook Day Nurseries Limited
County Pathology Limited
Cape Renewables Limited
Andover Care Limited