An MBO can often be the best way to transfer ownership of a business. It can – if well structured – enhance value for the owner, while reduce risk – that the transaction will happen for customers and other stakeholders by ensuring continuity of management.
For the buy out team this can also be the lowest risk way of acquiring a business – if they don’t know the business who does?
Often a buy out will be enhanced by an element of buy in – bringing in one or two key, experienced executives to compliment or build an existing management team.
Recent deals made by Roffe Swayne
Harbour & Jones
We can assist on every stage of the transaction. As experts in this area we are often engaged to:
- Help to structure the transaction, including acting as a go between for the vendors and management, bringing our practical and deliverable experience during difficult stages of a transaction – “is this usual”, “have you seen this before”,
- Advising on feasibility plans, business plans and modelling (testing robustness of assumptions and modelling scenarios)
- Identify and introduce the right funders to take the deal to and understanding their requirements for information etc.
- Provide Tax structuring advice
- Project manage the sale process to minimise risk and ensure a smooth completion,