Whether an acquisition, JV, merger or sale, really understanding the target to make informed investment decisions is key to a good outcome. It is better to understand the risks and opportunities before buying than having to deal with these post acquisition.
Recent deals made by Roffe Swayne
Harbour & Jones
As expert accountants in Surrey we advise hundreds of businesses. Key members of our team have worked in many industries including international businesses – we have a huge amount of experience based upon real, hands on roles.
We will works with you to undertake detailed financial and tax due diligence. Examples of areas we look at include:
- Identify opportunities and risks in a transaction
- Review the appropriateness (and hence risk) of key accounting policies – is revenue recognition conservative or aggressive for instance
- How good is the business at generating cash
- What is the working capital requirement like (and how can it be improved)
- Are there any contingent liabilities (hidden exposures)
- Are tax policies appropriate, have they been compliant and what exposures are there
By integrating our financial specialists into your team you are more likely to get a better outcome. As part of our due diligence services we can assist with reporting to funders adding credence to external providers of finance.