Managing sales is one of the most important tasks in any business
To assist with this, Sage 50 has a separate module ‘Invoices and credits’ which comes complete with a suite of useful reports, a configurable desktop, and an extremely useful filter (on older versions it is called ‘search’).
How to filter invoices in Sage
Using the filter will change the results visibly displayed on the desktop as well as acting as a pre-selection for the reports.
Common requests for which a filter is perfectly suited include:
- I want to know which invoices have not been posted to the accounts
- I am looking for all invoices for a specific customer for a specific date range
The filter works by applying a selected condition, or series of conditions, using ‘Return’ at the end of each row to start a new subordinate condition.
I want to know which invoices have not been posted to the accounts
Click on the filter button, in Join select ‘where’, in Field select ‘Posted flag – Yes/No’, in Condition select ‘Is equal to’, and in Value select ‘No’
Now click the apply button, your screen will change to show only those invoices not posted.
I only want to see invoices raised this month
Screenshots below to help you filter invoices in Sage 50 by month.
I am looking for all invoices for a specific customer for a specific date range
Screenshots below to help you filter your invoices even further.
- For each filter selection, as soon as you start typing, the box will prompt available options alphabetically
- Filters can be saved and then opened when required
- Remember to turn your filter off when not in use
- Whilst a filter is applied it acts as a pre-selection for any reports you run