Strategic planning, forecasting, audit and accounts compliance, outsourcing.
Jeremy Gardner started his career at KPMG and joined Roffe Swayne in 2004. He specialises in helping clients to define a clear direction for their businesses and to implement a successful plan to achieve their aims.
Jeremy works predominantly with high growth companies, many of whom are in the technology sector. Jeremy regularly acts as an outsourced Financial Director / CFO for his clients, providing wide ranging advice on all aspects of finance and accounting and acting as a sounding board for their strategic planning.
Jeremy also works with businesses of all sizes, from start-ups to listed companies in helping them to establish the most effective structure for their finance function. This includes reviewing existing accounting teams and making recommendations to make them more efficient and effective at providing the support that the business needs. Jeremy also undertakes internal audit work to enable Audit Committees and Boards to obtain assurance over the effective design and operation of core internal controls.
- Acting as CFO to a fast growth cyber security business, providing advice on a range of matters including day to day accounting, fund raising and business structuring
- Advising a design, engineering and manufacturing business on the selection and implementation of a new business-wide finance system, including reviewing and redesigning core business processes;
- Advising a Financial Technology start-up on their initial fund raising round and putting in place basic financial controls and operating procedures from the outset;
- Outsourcing the entire financial back office of a London based co-working space provider;
- Acting as finance director to a rapidly growing workwear supply business, providing periodic review and analysis of financial performance to assist decision making.
When not working Jeremy enjoys spending time with his family, travelling, playing tennis, good food and photography.
Contact Jeremy Gardner
Here’s a list of blogs written by Jeremy:
Tales from the Boardroom: clearer thinking
Tales from the Boardroom – cyber risk management
Automatic Enrolment – a massive change to the pensions industry
Pensions Auto Enrolment – up-take progress report
An explanation of what Salary Sacrifice is
Changing your accounting system