Helping businesses prepare for auto enrolment
Pensions are undergoing big changes under new legislation and will be rolled out to all employers before 2018.
All employers are now required to provide a workplace pension scheme for their employees and automatically enrol eligible staff.
There is a lot to do to prepare
We can save you time and ensure you don’t incur unnecessary fines. We will smooth the way for you and answer any of your questions. Here are some FAQs below:
What’s my staging date?
You can find out when your staging date is via The Pensions Regulator website
Is my current pension scheme suitable?
An Independent Financial Adviser can assess your current pension scheme. If you do not have one, we can introduce you to a suitable pensions adviser should you need help choosing a suitable pension scheme.
Who needs to be auto-enrolled?
Any member of staff over 22 and under state pension age, earning over £833.33 per month.
How much should I contribute into the pension pot?
This is not always straight forward. We will provide you with details of the minimum amounts which can be paid and also a forecast of the financial impact on your business. This will help you to budget how much to contribute into your workplace pension scheme.
Ask us about minimising your costs by implementing a salary sacrifice scheme.
Other ways we will help you
We will do the administration for your payroll and the company pension scheme on your behalf:
- Ensure your auto enrolment pension scheme (determined by the scheme’s rules) is set up correctly
- Calculate the pension contributions due
- Help you to understand your duties under this new legislation
- Register your workplace pension scheme with The Pensions Regulator
- Continually reassess your workforce and manage the administration of new auto enrolments
What about the paperwork?
Paperwork can be very time consuming, furthermore Roffe Swayne will:
- Prepare and send all your employee communications – keeping staff informed of the pension auto enrolment process on your behalf
- Send data to your pensions provider in each pay period
- Process any auto-enrolment opt in and opt out requests from your employees
Need our help?
If you would like to discuss your payroll requirements further, please contact Sharon Hewitt→ on 01483 416232.