The property and construction sector in London and the South East has historically been a key part of the economy.
The resurgence of the domestic property market has created excellent development and investment opportunities. Our property and construction team have many years experience in advising both corporate and private investors within the industry.
Who we work with
We work with residential and commercial developers, commercial investors and landowners. The scale of the projects we get involved in can range from several thousand to tens of millions of pounds. We work with many high net worth individuals and developers with large corporate partners.
Our experience within the sector
- Acquisitions and disposals including tax efficient structures and joint venture arrangements
- Assisting with funding and negotiations with lenders in order to secure suitable debt facilities and minimise equity requirements
- Tax advice to mitigate liabilities by utilising reliefs available and ensuring compliance with VAT, SDLT and Income and Capital taxes as necessary
- Advising of the latest reporting and compliance requirements
- Providing advice and guidance on hedging options, tenant values and rental yields
- Reviewing the risk profile of prospective tenants, so clients can evaluate likely rental yields
What we do
Our specialist accountants have a wealth of experience which allow us to take a commercial and pragmatic approach to property transactions. We introduce our clients to prospective lenders, help source equity funding and take a proactive approach to managing projects in order to make things as painless as possible by pre-empting issues rather than reacting to them.
The next step
If you would like to discuss how we could work with you or discuss specific examples of our work in the sector please contact Mark Leigh→ or Linda Warner→ on 01483 416232.