Corporate Finance Partner
Transaction services and due diligence
Paul Butler qualified with BDO in 2003 and spent 12 years with their Corporate Finance team before joining Roffe Swayne in 2015.
Paul has worked with a wide range of business from start-ups, owner managed businesses through to FTSE 250 companies on over 100 transactions.
Paul specialises in providing Corporate Finance advice, due diligence and transaction support services to businesses in connection with corporate acquisitions, bank funding, management buy-outs and private equity investment both in the UK and Overseas. Paul is also skilled at providing vendor assistance services in preparation for and during a transaction. Paul has gained extensive experience acting on numerous Capital Markets transactions including IPOs, further fund raising and public company acquisitions on both AIM and the Full List.
Paul has experience of working in a wide variety of sectors and has particular experience in the Real Estate, Business Services and Technology and Media sectors. This wide knowledge base allows Paul to provide sound strategic advice.
- Undertaking numerous due diligence and reporting accountant assignments for a significant listed property investment fund over many years including a significant fund raising, transfer from AIM to the Full List, merger with another property fund along with various acquisitions.
- Building a long term relationship with courier and delivery firm, providing due diligence services in connection with a bank refinancing, sale to private equity and a number of significant corporate acquisitions.
- Undertaking multiple tenant covenant reviews for a significant real estate investment management firm.
- Acting as reporting accountant in connection with the IPO of a social media games company at the same time as the acquisition of a number of companies, based in the UK and overseas.
- Undertaking the due diligence on the acquisition of a German based digital marketing agency.
- Advising a significant fast food franchisee on the acquisition of a portfolio of 31 restaurants from the franchisor.
- Undertaking vendor due diligence on a price comparison website in connection with its disposal to private equity.
Find out more about the Corporate Finance team deal activities
Corporate Finance latest transactions
Paul is married with two young daughters. He was a competitive cyclist and now channels that competitive instinct into running races as a keen club runner.
Contact Paul Butler
Transaction Services Q&A with Paul Butler