The purpose of an internal audit is to reduce risks to your business
We are typically appointed to review internal controls by the audit committees or executive and non-executive directors. This helps them to meet their corporate governance responsibilities by identifying and addressing any weaknesses in their internal processes.
Our work provides boards with the confidence to report to shareholders on the strength of their control environments based on an independent opinion.
It also reduces the risks of an unforeseen breakdown in internal controls which may have a detrimental effect on shareholder value and profitability.
What an internal audit service includes:
- Assist you with the development of your internal audit plan
- Prioritise risks for testing within a rolling internal audit service plan
- Clear reporting on any control weaknesses identified
- Recommend how to improve and manage internal controls more effectively
We also assist with:
- Internal audit function review and support
- Fraud investigation and prevention controls (see also our Forensic Services)
- Finance function optimisation
Please read our blog which has some tips for preventing employee fraud The ‘magnificent seven’ – top tips for avoiding employee fraud.
We also have posted a blog with some tips to help guard against cyber attacks.
Need our help?
If you would like to discuss your business needs further please contact either Jeremy Gardner→, or Kate Hart→ on 01483 416232.