We have longstanding relationships with our clients in the charities and not-for-profit sector.
Our specialist accountants have found that certain areas need specific knowledge to overcome the accounting and tax issues. The top key issues that the third sector face are:
- Dealing with VAT issues and partial exemption calculations
- Setting up Gift Aid claims
- Adhering to the new accounting requirements and SORP disclosures
- Grant funding and tax efficient fundraising
What we do
By working closely with Trustees and management we help them identify their financial challenges and provide practical solutions. Our advice comes from the broad experience and understanding of best practice for the charity sector.
Here’s how we have helped some of our charity clients with the accounting issues they faced:
- Supported a nationwide charity to improve their accounting and reporting from their branch operations.
- Consolidated figures for an overseas arm of a UK charity.
- Helped a charity identify the right accounting package for them, provided in-house training to their volunteers and are on-hand for ongoing support.
Our experience within the Charities sector
- Managing all financial and reporting requirements (including SORP)
- Advising on Director/Trustee responsibilities, risk management and governance
- Reviewing management and internal controls to prevent fraud
- Providing VAT advice – reviews and registration
- Providing outsourced payroll services, including P11D returns
- Advising on corporation tax advice and Gift Aid
- Managing annual returns
The next step
For a free consultation on how we could work with your charity or to discuss specific examples of our work with charities, please contact Tony Kelly→ on 01483 416232.
For the latest charity news, here are some of our latest newsletter, specifically for the not-for-profit and education sectors.
Charities newsletter Spring 2017
Charities newsletter Spring 2016